- Reversing camera standard on all pickup models
- Smartphone Display Audio added to GLS, Exceed
- New-look dark chrome front fascia and headlight garnish on GLS, Exceed
- All-Terrain tyres for greater off-road ability now on GLX and GLX+ 4×4 variants
Mitsubishi Motors Australia’s (MMAL) versatile Triton range is even better value with all models gaining new specification and features for 2017.
Mitsubishi’s smartphone integrated audio system – Smartphone Display Audio or SDA – with 7-inch colour touch-screen has been added to the top-spec Triton GLS and Exceed for improved connectivity.
The appearance of GLS and Exceed has been enhanced with new dark chrome front grille and headlight garnish, platform-style side steps and 4-spoke leather steering wheel.
In addition, Exceed now has an electro-chromatic rear view mirror and heated front seats.
At the workhorse end of the range, reversing camera and rear step bumper become standard on Triton GLX double cab pick-up, and for addition off-road ability 16-inch All-Terrain tyres are fitted to GLX and GLX+ 4×4 variants.
Triton GLX gains Mitsubishi’s premium audio AM/FM CD system with 6.1-inch colour touch screen – previously fitted to Triton GLS – and a new design key fob.
Speed sensing auto door lock is now standard across the range and a driver’s seatback pocket is fitted to all Club Cab and Double Cab models for 2017.
MMAL Executive Director of Marketing Tony Principe said Triton represents smart buying in the LCV segment, attracting private customers with its reliability, toughness and great features.
“With All-Terrain tyres, reversing camera and rear step bumper now available on GLX 4×4 manual at $37,000 recommended retail, the 2017 Triton range continues to offer compelling value for savvy light commercial buyers,” he said.
“We’ve upgraded every model in the 2017 range to enhance Triton’s appeal with smartphone connectivity on GLS and Exceed, upgraded audio on GLX and auto air-conditioning on our value-leading GLX+.”
“The 2017 Triton range is equipped with everything LCV buyers need to work hard and get the job done.”
The updated Triton will be available at Mitsubishi dealerships around Australia from 13 December 2016.
2017 TRITON KEY CHANGES
- Speed sensing auto door lock
- Crash detection door unlocking
- Driver’s seat back pocket (Club and Double Cab models)
- New variant: Club Cab Chassis with automatic transmission
- Reversing camera (Double Cab Pick Up models)
- Rear step bumper
- 245/70R16 111S RF All-Terrain tyres (4×4 models)
- AM/FM CD display audio with 6.1-inch colour touch screen
- New shape key fob
GLX+ (in addition to GLX changes):
- New variant: Club Cab Pick Up with automatic transmission
- Auto air-conditioning
- Piano black instrument panel trim
- Bright chrome interior door handles
- Standard suspension
- Smartphone link Display Audio (SDA) with 2 USB outlets and HDMI port
- Dark chrome front grille and headlamp garnish
- Platform-style sidesteps
- 4-spoke leather steering wheel design
- Improved instrument cluster graphics
Exceed (in addition to GLS changes):
- Electro chromatic rear view mirror
- Heated front seats
17MY Triton recommended retail pricing:
|17MY Triton range||MT||AT|
|GLX||Single Cab 4×2 petrol||$22,300||–|
|Single Cab 4×2 diesel||$25,800||$28,300|
|Single Cab 4×4||$32,500||$35,000|
|Club Cab 4×4||$35,300||$37,800|
|Double Cab 4×2||–||$36,000|
|Double Cab 4×4||$37,000||$39,500|
|Double Cab 4×4 Cab Chassis||$36,250||$38,750|
|GLX+||Club Cab 4×4||–||$38,500|
|Double Cab 4×4||$37,000||$39,500|
|GLS||Double Cab 4×4||$41,500||$44,000|
|Exceed||Double Cab 4×4||–||$48,000|
Metallic and pearlescent paint $590 RRP
The 2017 Triton range is backed by Mitsubishi’s 5-year/100,000km New Car Warranty.