Australia, 26 February, 2016 – The all new Audi A4 has arrived in Australia, with the four-model line-up starting from just $55,500 (MLP). The all-new A4 will be the most technologically-advanced Audi that has ever been sold in Australia. It is a quantum step forward in the fields of progressive technology, sophisticated quality and sporty driving dynamics.
- The new generation of Audi A4 boasts progressive new connectivity and infotainment technology
- Stunning interior design is a hallmark of this newest model
- All-new A4 awarded a 5-star ANCAP safety rating
“The all-new A4 is a landmark vehicle for Audi. It redefines what we believe a customer is looking for in this segment, and offers more progressive technology than any Audi before it,” said Andrew Doyle, Managing Director of Audi Australia.
“In doing so, the new A4 stays true to the core principles that owners have come to expect from any Audi, like beautifully crafted interiors, distinctive styling, confident dynamics and strong engine performance and efficiency,” said Mr Doyle.
The all-new Audi A4 has been awarded a 5-star ANCAP safety rating, with James Goodwin, CEO of the Australian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP), saying that the new A4 performed well in crash testing.
“The A4 features a long list of safety equipment that customers in this segment expect as standard, including three types of autonomous braking – City, Interurban and Vulnerable Road User.”
“The Audi is also fitted with impressive technology known as “Exit Warning” which scans the road or footpath and warns the occupants of the car of approaching traffic, such as cars and cyclists, and lets people know when it’s safe to open the door.”
“This is the first time we have included ‘Exit Warning’ on our data sheet and it’s hoped that technology like this will help reduce the number of ‘dooring’ incidents to cyclists,” said Mr Goodwin.
The distinctive new Audi A4 will arrive in Australia with a choice of four drivetrains, including three TFSI petrol variants and one TDI diesel model. All engines are paired with the 7-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission as standard.
The 1.4 TFSI engine develops 110kW between 5000-6000rpm, and maximum torque of 250Nm from 1500-3000rpm. Performance is brisk, reaching 100km/h in 8.5sec from rest, with fuel consumption of 5.5 L/100km.
The all-new ultra-efficient 2.0 TFSI engine features a revolutionary combustion method that allows a higher compression ratio, and delivers extraordinary efficiency, sipping just 5.3 L/100km on average. Power is substantial, with 140kW available from 4200-6000rpm and 320Nm of torque from 1450-4200rpm. Accordingly, acceleration is lively, taking just 7.3 seconds to reach 100km/h.
The most powerful 2.0 TFSI model is paired with the latest generation of the legendary Audi quattro all-wheel drive system. With 185kW from 5000-6000rpm and 370Nm from 1600-4500rpm, the quattro system channels the power to the road very effectively, resulting in 0-100km/h acceleration of 5.8 seconds. Combined fuel consumption is 6.3 L/100km.
The 2.0 TDI model is also equipped with quattro all-wheel-drive. It offers sporty driving characteristics, with 140kW available from 3800-4200 and 400Nm from 1750-3000rpm. Audi TDI technology ensures excellent fuel efficiency, delivering 4.6 L/100km on the combined cycle. The 0-100km/h sprint takes only 7.2 seconds.
As with each all-new model generation from Audi, there was a clear focus on the use of lightweight technology throughout the all-new A4, resulting in a weight saving of 65kg. In addition, changes to the new A4’s suspension architecture were engineered to deliver even better driving characteristics, culminating in the introduction of a five-link rear suspension arrangement. Two different types of adaptive suspension are optionally available across the A4 range: comfort and sport. Customers can option either for the same cost: $1,700, or $1,100 for the quattro models.
An impressive array of standard safety features, many of which are unique in segment, headlines the standard equipment list for all new Audi A4 model lines, including:
- Audi pre-sense city with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and pedestrian detection
- Exit Warning system
- Cross traffic assist
- Audi side assist blind spot warning system
- Audi pre-sense basic (belt tensioning, window closing and other preventative measures if an emergency is detected)
- Audi pre-sense rear (warns following traffic if they are at risk of running into the rear of the car)
- Parking system plus with rear-view camera
In addition, the following safety features are available in all models, in the Assistance package tour ($1,900):
- Audi active lane assist
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go, including Traffic Jam assist and distance indicator
- Turn assist
- Collision avoidance (steering assistant during evasive manoeuvres at speed)
- Audi pre-sense front (collision warning up to 250km/h)
- Predictive efficiency assistant
- High-beam assist
The new Audi A4 also offers customers a generous list of innovative and convenient features. Highlights include:
1.4 TFSI sport
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with adaptive function and dynamic rear indicators
- MMI Navigation plus with 8.3-inch screen, MMI touch, DVD player, 10GB music storage, live traffic and 5 included map updates
- Audi connect
- Audi Smartphone interface (Apple Carplay and Android Auto)
- 7.0-inch high-resolution colour Driver Information Screen
- Sport front seats including electric driver’s seat with electric lumbar support for driver and front passenger
- Sport steering wheel with shift paddles, leather-appointed seats
- 3-zone climate control, deluxe automatic air-conditioning with rear display
- New Audi Music Interface, with 2 USB connectors
2.0 TFSI sport (in addition to the 1.4 TFSI)
- DAB+ digital radio
- Convenience key with hands-free opening for boot (kick function)
- Auto dimming centre mirror
- Electric passenger seat
2.0 TDI quattro sport and 2.0 TFSI quattro sport (in addition to 2.0 TFSI sport)
- 19-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- Sport suspension
- Audi sound system
- Memory driver’s seat
- Folding exterior mirrors, with heating, dimming and memory functions
In addition to the above standard equipment, the following high-value packages offer additional features tailored to individual customer demand.
Technik Package – $2,100
- Virtual cockpit
- Heads-up display (HUD)
S line sport package – $5,200 (1.4 TFSI) $5,000 (2.0 TFSI)
$3,200 (2.0 TDI quattro & 2.0 TFSI quattro)
- 19-inch Audi Sport alloy wheels
- S line exterior package
- S line interior detailing
- Black headlining
- Sport suspension (where not already standard)
- Leather/Alcantara upholstery
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Additional colour/trim options
(Manufacturer List Pricing [MLP] – excludes dealer delivery and government statutory charges)
A4 1.4 TFSI S tronic 110kW $55,500
A4 2.0 TFSI S tronic 140kW $60,900
A4 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic 140kW $66,900
A4 2.0 TFSI quattro S tronic 185kW $69,900
The Audi Group
The Audi Group, with its brands Audi, Ducati and Lamborghini, is one of the most successful manufacturers of automobiles and motorcycles in the premium segment. The company is present in more than 100 markets worldwide and produces at 16 locations in twelve countries. In the second half of 2016, Audi will start production of the Q5 in San José Chiapa (Mexico). 100-percent subsidiaries of AUDI AG include quattro GmbH (Neckarsulm), Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. (Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italy) and Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A. (Bologna, Italy).
In 2014, the latest full financial year, the Audi Group delivered to customers approximately 1.74 million automobiles of the Audi brand, 2,530 sports cars of the Lamborghini brand and approximately 45,000 motorcycles of the Ducati brand. AUDI AG achieved total revenue of €53.8 billion and an operating profit of €5.15 billion in 2014. At present, more than 80,000 people work for the company all over the world, 58,000 of them in Germany. Audi focuses on new products and sustainable technologies for the future of mobility.