Nissan Powers Into The Future!
Nissan’s Intelligent Mobility vision pushes towards safer & more sustainable future
- Builds on company leadership in electrification and vehicle intelligence
- Intelligent Driving, Power, Integration cornerstone of new vision
- Vision designed to guide Nissan’s future product and technology pipeline
- Focused on enhancing the driver and passenger experience
IDS concept makes its European debut at Geneva
- IDS (Intelligent Driving System) Concept represents Nissan’s vision for the future of EV and autonomous driving
- Complex system of sensors & AI brings us closer to a zero fatalities future
- On-road autonomous drive technology demos in Europe in 2016
‘Piloted Drive’ Qashqai to roll off the production line in 2017
- Nissan’s first vehicle in Europe to feature autonomous drive technology next year
- New technology allows cars to drive autonomously in a single lane in heavy traffic conditions on highways
- Plan to launch a range of cars with increasing autonomous capabilities by 2020
- Boost for European manufacturing with refreshed Qashqai made at Sunderland Plant
World premiere of new ‘Premium Concept’ Qashqai and X-Trail crossover
- Striking design and styling offers fresh take on successful crossover segment
- Use of carbon fibre, 20-inch wheels, enhanced ‘V-motion’ grilles makes bold statement
- Explores potential of exciting new level of personalisation in its class
- Designed with the ‘Premium Urbanite’ and ‘Premium Adventurist’ in mind
- Qashqai ‘Premium Concept’ features ‘Piloted Drive 1.0’ autonomous technology
Electric vehicle technology ecosystem propelled to new heights
- Nissan’s new European office to feature world’s largest energy management system
- 64 Nissan LEAF batteries to power stationary energy storage system
- 100 vehicle-to-grid chargers to form largest ever grid-integrated electric vehicle (EV) system
- Shows how EVs can play a part in the energy management systems of the future
GENEVA (Switzerland) 1st March 2016: Nissan’s advanced technology and future innovation will be in the spotlight at this year’s Geneva Motor Show as Nissan unveils its Intelligent Mobility vision for the very first time and invites its IDS Concept to the stand for its European debut.
Featuring a dynamic display of Nissan’s vision for the future of mobility, the Nissan stand will bring to life the technologies of tomorrow. From a glimpse of Nissan’s vision of the future of mobility to exploring the striking design and styling of Nissan’s new Premium Concept crossovers, the stand once again confirms why Nissan is one of the industry’s most exciting and forward-thinking brands.
Pursuing a goal of zero emission vehicles and zero fatalities on the road, Nissan’s Intelligent Mobility vision is designed to guide Nissan’s product and technology pipeline; anchoring critical company decisions around how cars are powered, how cars are driven, and how cars integrate into society.
At the core of Nissan Intelligent Mobility are three areas of innovation:
- Nissan Intelligent Driving – creating more driver confidence, spearheaded by Nissan’s autonomous drive technology, Piloted Drive
- Nissan Intelligent Power – more efficiency, more power, spearheaded by electric vehicles
- Nissan Intelligent Integration – new links between vehicles and society
This Intelligent Mobility vision is borne out in Nissan’s IDS Concept which makes its European premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. Representing Nissan’s vision for the future of electric vehicles and autonomous driving, the IDS Concept steals the limelight with its highly evolved EV technology, advanced aerodynamic performance, exhilarating acceleration and sophisticated AI capability.
Set to revolutionise the relationship between driver and car, the new concept proves Nissan stands once again at the forefront of automotive technology – developing practical, real-world applications of autonomous drive technology. Bringing innovation and excitement to everyone.
Nowhere is this better exemplified than in Nissan’s award-winning crossover, the Nissan Qashqai. The Qashqai crossover will be the company’s first vehicle in Europe to feature autonomous drive technology when it rolls off the line next year. Produced at Nissan’s flagship manufacturing plant in Sunderland, UK, the refreshed Qashqai will be equipped with ‘Piloted Drive 1.0’, a feature that allows cars to drive autonomously and safely in a single lane in heavy traffic conditions on highways.
From Piloted Drive technologies to a brand new sense of premium styling, the Geneva Motor Show was also the platform for Nissan’s debut of its ‘Premium Concept’ crossovers. Nissan showcased two striking special versions of its best-selling crossovers, the Qashqai and X-Trail. Taking the current models as a starting point, Nissan has explored how a more premium and dynamic design interpretation could enhance and extend the appeal of its award-winning crossover range in the future.
From how the Nissan design language is expressed to how advanced materials are used, both cars offer a fresh take on the widespread appeal of a premium Nissan crossover. Considering the concept of the urban explorer, each Premium Concept has a unique execution and is designed to appeal to a very different customer. In addition, the Qashqai Premium Concept features Piloted Drive 1.0 autonomous technology – the same technology that will be available on the Nissan Qashqai in Europe from 2017.
Nissan’s presence at the Geneva Motor Show comes in a year when Nissan recorded its sixth consecutive year of growth and best-ever sales in Europe selling 715,623 units by the end of 2015. Maintaining our 4.0% market share and growing sales in key countries including Spain, Italy, UK and Germany, Nissan continues to set new heights.
2016 is also a milestone year for Nissan’s manufacturing facilities, with the flagship Sunderland Plant celebrating its 30th anniversary and Nissan’s St. Petersburg plant marking ten years of operation. This is further proof that ongoing investment to strengthen local production in key markets is paying dividends.
Nissan’s dedicated Social Media team will be on the ground for the duration of the show and will keep you updated with all the action from the stand. Live updates will be announced via Twitter from the @nissaneurope account and you can be a part of the conversation using #NissanLive. You can also keep up-to-date with the latest news from the stand via the Nissan Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Nissan. To find out more about Nissan and its product range, visit: http://www.nissan.eu/experience-nissan.html