Volkswagen Australia confirms details of Golf GTI 40 Years edition-
- Marks the 40th anniversary of the iconic Golf GTI
- The most powerful production GTI to date with 195kW of engine power
- New boost function increases output to 213kW of power
- Distinctive body styling package provides increased downforce
- Exclusive interior appointments enhance the premium sports theme
Sydney – Volkswagen Australia is pleased to announce that a special 40th anniversary edition of the Golf GTI will arrive on Australian shores in June this year: the Golf GTI 40 Years. This exclusive model will be available in limited numbers and offers a premium package over the standard GTI.
The Golf GTI 40 Years has strong performance credentials – it is the most powerful production GTI to date, with an engine output of 195kW. A new boost function gives the vehicle a further power-up to 213kW, and also provides 380Nm of torque upon full ‘kick down’ of the acceleration for around 10 seconds each time.
The Golf GTI 40 Years incorporates some of the best technical features of the earlier Golf GTI Performance model, including: larger brakes, sophisticated front differential lock, 19” alloy wheels with a unique design, and adaptive chassis control. The new model has then further raised the bar with a host of distinctive offerings.
A unique and purposeful styling treatment simultaneously upholds the Golf GTI’s legacy and sets the 40 Year model apart. A bespoke body kit including a new front bumper with larger air intakes and a two-piece rear roof spoiler gives the GTI an aggressive stance on the road and significantly increases downforce. Meanwhile, a black side stripe on the body and the choice of a traditional tornado red and pure white paint exterior pay tribute to the original GTI. The interior conveys a premium sport quality, with unique anniversary ‘honeycomb’ seat upholstery (featuring the GTI logo) and decorative inlays as well as an Alcantara-covered steering wheel and door trim inserts.
Other specification highlights include:
- Choice of gloss paint finishes with a contrasting black roof or Metallic paint finish
- Black door mirrors
- Revised rear bumper with new diffusor
- Large diameter exhaust tailpipes, left and right
- Darkened LED tail lights, reminiscent of the Golf R
- Extended side sills
- Traditional GTI-themed red stitching on wheel, seat belts and floor mats
- Front door sill strips with new GTI emblem
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB)
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Traffic Alert
This comprehensive equipment package adds a retail price premium of just $2,500 to the Golf GTI Performance model, arriving at a recommended retail price of $48,990. The Golf GTI 40 Years will initially be available with 6-speed DSG transmission as standard.
With such a high level of standard specification, the only option available is a panoramic electric glass sunroof for $1,850 RRP.
With incredible value for an extremely compelling premium performance package, the limited release Golf GTI 40 Years celebrates the tremendous success of the Golf GTI range, past and present, in style.
The model is available for customers to order now from Volkswagen Australia’s dealer network.